Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
New Zealand Steel, a wholly owned subsidiary of BlueScope, manufactures and markets a range of flat rolled steel products for the building, construction, manufacturing and agricultural sectors. You may know us for our flagship COLORSTEEL® brand.
About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced Registered Electrician to join the Electrical team based at Waikato North Head mine site. Reporting to the Superintendent, WNH Maintenance, the primary accountability of this position is the repair and maintenance of the operational plant and equipment throughout the mine site.
This is a permanent position.
Hours of Work
This is a shift position working Days and Afternoons. Applicants should be aware that some overtime and call out work may be necessary.
The current roster consists of working day shifts and an afternoon shift.
The Day Shift hours are 7am to 3pm and the Afternoon Shift hours are 3pm to 11pm
About the person
Along with the ability to learn the required skills on the job and produce high quality work in a timely manner, the successful applicant will have;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a medium/heavy industry or mining environment
- Fully registered Electrician with a current practicing licence
- Good knowledge and understanding of PLC’s and HV experience
- A strong team focus while also being comfortable working on your own
- Great communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent computer literacy, analytical, problem-solving and sounds decision-making skills
- Positive attitude, ability and willingness to take ownership of your work
- Proven good attendance and work history
About the team
We are small team of 5 electricians, some with dual trades, working on the mine site equipment.
Being part of the BlueScope brand makes us a strong and successful global company offering connections throughout the world, and providing access to resources and tools from the wider business. We believe our people are our strength, and embrace diversity and inclusion as we aim to have the right people in the right roles to move us into the future. If you enjoy working with people who are practical, put your safety first, and care about the communities in which they work, then New Zealand Steel is the place for you.