Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Rolling & Finishing Process Engineer (Rolling Mills Technical)
New Zealand Steel, a wholly owned subsidiary of BlueScope, manufactures and markets a range of flat rolled steel products for the building, construction, manufacturing and agricultural sectors. You may know us for our flagship COLORSTEEL® brand.
Applications are invited for the position of Process Engineer in Rolling & Finishing Technical team, reporting directly to the Rolling Mills Technical Superintendent.
What you will be doing
The primary responsibilities for this position will include:
- Drive a Zero Harm culture
- Deliver the outputs expected in the Rolling & Finishing business plan
- Champion customer quality and the complaint reduction processes in the Rolling Mills
- Product and process control for one or more areas within Rolling & Finishing
- Deliver continuous improvement outcomes through the Pipeline process and by supporting the Operations team
- Lead the application of relevant national standards and BSL best practices to the production process and product quality.
What you will bring to the role
- Previous experience working in a similar role or in a plant environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong critical thinking skills with a proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Be a self–starter with proven initiative, attention to detail and a drive to achieve results
- Developed strong relationships and be able to relate to a wide cross section of key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving (including problem solving facilitation skills)
- A relevant tertiary qualification e.g. engineering or science or NZCE.
What we can offer
Being part of the BlueScope brand makes us a strong and successful global company offering connections throughout the world and providing access to resources and tools from the wider business. We believe our people are our strength and embrace diversity and inclusion as we aim to have the right people in the right roles to move us into the future. We have opportunities for learning and development, unique work location, onsite medical centre, free parking, an excellent remuneration package and a supportive team environment.
Does this sound like the next step in your career? Click ‘Apply’ now!