Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Supervisor - Casting Operations
New Zealand Steel, a wholly owned subsidiary of BlueScope, manufactures and markets a range of flat rolled steel products for the building, construction, manufacturing and agricultural sectors. You may know us for our flagship COLORSTEEL® brand.
What you will be doing
We are currently looking for our next highly motivated and enthusiastic Supervisor to join our Steelmaking Team at our Steel Mill in Glenbrook. This role calls for someone who has the necessary skills to supervise a busy and high performing team, enjoys engaging with people at all levels and thrives in a changing work environment.
Reporting to the Casting Operations Superintendent, you will be responsible for the planning and direction of shift operations to produce high quality product and achieve continuous improvement in your production area.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and working with teams
- Drive a zero-harm environment and take an active role in Health & Safety
- Apply best practice methods to obtain continuous improvement in cost efficiency, product quality and service delivery
This is a 12-month fixed term role. The normal working hours for this position are 42 hours per week (12 hour / 4 shift rotating pattern) however to ensure that operational requirements are met, you may be required to work additional hours when needed.
What you will bring to the role
This is an opportunity for someone who has the positive attitude, energy and drive necessary to succeed and lead from the front. This role is varied and challenging so key to your success will be your focus on building strong relationships. The safety of our people is at the core of what we do, therefore compliance with our safety procedures and policies is crucial.
Ideal attributes and skills include:
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Experience with partnering and maintaining relationships with a range of internal teams
- Exposure to leading a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Solid analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure
- Proven good attendance and employment history
- A willingness to positively contribute to a diverse and inclusive environment
What we can offer
Being part of the BlueScope brand makes us a strong and successful global company offering connections throughout the world and providing access to resources and tools from the wider business. We believe our people are our strength and embrace diversity and inclusion as we aim to have the right people in the right roles to move us into the future.
We have opportunities for learning and development, unique work location, onsite medical centre, free parking, an excellent remuneration package and a supportive team environment.
Any questions about this role, email our Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Does this sound like the next step in your career? Click ‘Apply’ now!